Hey PR majors! If you want to know what it’s like to work for a small, fast moving PR firm, here’s your opportunity. We are looking for summer and fall semester interns.
If you are a PR major who wants to work hard, write lots and get hands-on experience in doing press release, social media posts and handling PR crises, apply today! We are interviewing for the position as we speak.
Here’s what you need to know:
Internship Overview: Andrea Obston Marketing Communications, LLC is looking to hire an intern. Come work for a collaborative, fast-paced marketing communications firm and gain real work experience. An internship at AOMC will be different than your typical PR/marketing internship. Here, you will experience a balance between learning the practical and creative sides of the industry.
Qualifications: We are looking for a friendly, outgoing, and motivated individual who’s not afraid to take initiative and manage multiple tasks. Our ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, be comfortable talking to clients, be able to work efficiently and have a creative mind. Social media expertise is a must for sites including (and not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WordPress, YouTube, Pinterest, and more. Video and web design skills are a plus, including: taping, editing, and composing a complete movie on applications such as iMovie.
Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Researching and compiling media lists
- Creating and maintaining client clip books
- Writing press releases, feature stories, media alerts, and in-house materials
- Consistently maintaining firm’s online newsroom
- Maintaining social media sites and social media presence for AOMC
- Designing and managing social media for clients, including Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, and LinkedIn profiles
- Researching various new media trends and best practices
- Taping, editing, and producing a complete movie
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and preferred proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and iMovie (or another video program)
- Additional administrative duties as needed
Additional Benefits May Include:
- Attending strategic and tactical brainstorming sessions
- Attending monthly meetings with clients
- Observing focus groups
- Attending conferences, webinars, and seminars relating to industry topics
- Writing a new client’s detailed strategic business plan based off of the tactical brainstorming session
- Other opportunities that you create for yourself
The internship is paid and for credit.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please send a cover letter and resume to Erica West at EWest@aomc.com